We are pleased to announce that as of 9th November 2020, we have reopened our venues!
We’re thrilled to see our sport recommence and as expected, there will be a number of changes to operations to ensure the safety of our staff and climbing community.
As we navigate through this initial reopening phase our offering will be limited however the key thing to note is that this will be temporary.
The following conditions have been developed under guidelines from the Australian Institute of Sport, Sport Climbing Australia & Victoria, Work Safe, Department of Health and Human Services and State and Federal Governments.
Please read this current reopening information carefully prior to booking your session!
Coming in Climbing
- Customers must pre-book their climbing session through our website
- First-time visitors to Hardrock are welcome, however please note that a Safety Instruction Session (duration 15-30 minutes) will need to be completed at the start of your session.
- Climbing sessions are 2 hours 45 mins duration
- Face masks must be worn in accordance with any government guidelines
- Due to restricted capacity we cannot accommodate spectators
Cancellations / Booking Changes
- No refund will be provided for cancellations made less than 6 hours in advance, or in case of no-show.
- A cancellation fee of 3% applies for cancellations made 6 or more hours in advance. Cancellations can be made directly via link in your confirmation email.
- Booking changes can be made up until 6 hours before the session start time. Changes can be made directly via link in your confirmation email.
In venue changes
- Upon check-in at reception, patrons will be asked to verify contact information for contact tracing purposes
- Sanitiser stations have been installed throughout our facilities
- Customers will be required to sanitise hands upon entry and at the commencement and conclusion of each climb, as well as before and after being fitted for any equipment
- When bouldering only liquid chalk is permitted. When 'roped climbing' only liquid chalk is permitted whilst on the ground. When on the wall, climbers may use chalk provided it is contained in a chalk ball, carried in a chalk bag (no loose / block chalk). Chalk rental will not be available.
- Drinking Fountains, Showers and Change Rooms will be temporarily unavailable
- We are currently accepting card payments only - cash not accepted.
Customers should maintain 1.5m distancing, including by only utilising every second wall.
- Nunawading: Bouldering must be booked separately, and access is not included when booking for 'Climbing'.
- CBD: Autobelay walls will NOT be available.
Memberships / 10-Visit Pass Holders
- Membership and 10-Visit Pass holders may attend a maximum of 1 session per day
- Members who select "Membership Holder" option when booking will automatically have their membership restarted from the date of that booking
- Members who do not yet wish for their membership to be restarted should book as a "Casual" customer
- Non-attendance of sessions booked by Membership and 10-Visit Pass holders will be monitored and may result in loss of venue access
- Climbing Club members have been emailed directly with class information.
Group / School Bookings
- Contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in making a group or school booking.
- As we learn to operate within the new norm, we kindly ask you to cooperate with the new guidelines and follow the direction of staff.
- Please ensure that you adhere to the following:
- Participants must not attend the venue if they are unwell or are required to be quarantining / isolating
- Maintain 1.5m social distancing where reasonably possible
- Leave the building by the end of your session so that we can clean and prepare the venue ready for the next session
- Remain in the same pair during your climbing session (recommended)
- Download the CovidSafe app (recommended)
We look forward to seeing you back in-centre and we thank you in advance for your cooperation!