We are currently seeking casual Indoor Rock Climbing Instructors / Customer Service Team Members to join our awesome CBD and Nunawading Teams. We’re looking for enthusiastic and mature minded individuals who enjoy a vibrant and fast paced environment.
Hardrock Climbing is an organisation specialising in Indoor Climbing with three centres: Hardrock CBD, Hardrock Nunawading and Activate by Hardrock in Heatherton.
Hardrock offers a fun and supportive environment for people of all ages and abilities to challenge themselves and enjoy climbing.
We are dedicated to developing a strong team culture and a supportive work environment. We offer competitive pay, flexible working hours and ongoing training opportunities.
About the instructor role:
Our Indoor Rock Climbing Instructors / Customer Service Team Members, drive and coordinate all elements of the customer service and climbing experience. The role will include:
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Facilitating safety instructions (including 1:1, small and large group facilitation)
- Teaching and supervising patrons
- Ensuring adherence to centre rules and safety procedures and techniques
- Coordinating centre operations
- Administration including bookings, customer registration, point of sale and stock control
- General centre housekeeping and cleaning
Hear from one of our Team Members:
"Hi, my name is Matt.
I am 25 years old and have been working for Hardrock Climbing for four and a half years. I am passionate about working with young people and seeing growth and development. I love being active outdoors, especially with my two dogs.
As a Hardrock staff member I am privileged to work in a wide variety of settings. I started my journey as an instructor, working with customers and groups in customer service, supervision, group facilitation and retail.
As I have worked, I have had the opportunity to upskill and take on additional opportunities. These have included training new staff, conducting centre maintenance tasks, facilitating lead climbing courses and assisting in administration tasks.
Hardrock is an excellent workplace thanks to its incredible diversity in work tasks, great customer interaction and upskilling potential. Hardrock provides the opportunity to develop transferable skills like communication and teamwork that will improve one’s career. Through Hardrock I have improved my ability to communicate with customers, address issues and respond to incidents.
My most rewarding work has been conducting children’s parties and seeing the progress young people make in such a short time with the right support and encouragement."
To be successful in this role, you must be highly enthusiastic, motivated, mature minded and have a passion for teaching. In addition to this, we are seeking candidates with an ability to engage with a range of customers and be patient and encouraging when required.
You are organised, work well under pressure, and are extremely customer-focused. Your friendliness and excellent communication skills shine, and you enjoy working in a small team environment.
As a key member of the team you will display a high degree of initiative, ability to problem solve and work autonomously, ensuring all tasks are completed to a high standard. We are also seeking individuals who have a safety-first mindset and engaging personalities.
Candidates must be:
- Aged 18 or older
- Available for an immediate start
- Available to work a variety of shifts including weekends, daytime and evenings (Please note, rosters are prepared weekly and vary week to week.)
- Available to work during peak periods including school holidays
- Availability to work approximately 12-25 hours per week, subject to centre bookings
- Have the right to work in Australia permanently, with no restrictions
- Hold or be prepared to obtain and maintain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a Level 2 First Aid Certification, including an annual CPR Refresher
What’s on offer:
Successful Candidates will be joining an energetic and motivated team where you will be provided with on-going training. The right candidates will have the ability to grow and develop within our organisation.
These casual positions will be located at either our CBD or Nunawading Centres. Casual award rates apply as per the Fitness Industry Award.
How to Apply:
If you can see yourself joining the Hardrock Team and fit the above criteria, apply now!
Prepare a Cover Letter outlining your regular availability and explaining ‘why you are passionate about working with us and what you would bring to the team’.
Please email through your Cover Letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org