Update 7 July:
Due to re-introduction of Stage 3 / 4 restrictions, both venues will be closed from Thurs 9th July onwards.
We are pleased to announce that as of 22nd June, we have now reopened!
We’re thrilled to see our sport recommence and as expected, there will be a number of changes to operations to ensure the safety of our staff and climbing community.
As we navigate through this initial reopening phase our offering will be limited however the key thing to note is that this will be temporary.
The following conditions have been developed under guidelines from the Australian Institute of Sport, Sport Climbing Australia & Victoria, Work Safe Australia, Department of Health and Human Services and State and Federal Governments.
Please read this Stage 1 reopening information carefully prior to booking your session!
From 9 July onwards:
- CLOSED (Due to re-introduction of Stage 3 / 4 COVID-19 Restrictions)
Hours may change depending on customer demand.
Coming in climbing:
- Customers must pre-book their climbing session through our website
- Bookings are only available to customers who have attended Hardrock in the past 12 months
- As we will not be facilitating Safety Instruction sessions, all patrons must already be competent in the use of all equipment and techniques including belaying
- Climbing harness, shoe and chalk rental will not be available
- Climbing sessions are 1 hour and 45 minutes (maximum 1 session per person, per day)
- Maximum of 20 patrons per session
- Due to restricted capacity we cannot accommodate spectators
- No refund will be provided for cancellations made less than 24 hours in advance, or in case of no-show
- A cancellation fee of 3% applies for cancellations made 24 or more hours in advance
In venue changes:
- Upon check-in at reception, patrons will be asked to verify contact information for contact tracing purposes
- Sanitiser stations have been installed throughout our facilities
- Customers will be required to sanitise hands upon entry and at the commencement and conclusion of each climb
- Hire equipment will not be available - except BD ATC Pilot
- Only liquid chalk is permitted
- Footwear and shirts must be worn at all times
- Drinking Fountains, Showers and Change Rooms will be temporarily unavailable
EXCITING NEWS - The roof at Nunawading has been entirely reset during our inital closure with fresh new routes for you to get your climb on!
- To assist with social distancing requirements, only every second wall will be available. This will be rotated on a weekly basis (Monday).
- Nunawading: Boulder Cave and Low Side Walls will be temporarily closed.
- CBD: Only 2 Autobelays will be available (unless under maintenance)
Memberships / 10-Visit Pass Holders:
- Membership and 10-Visit Pass holders may attend a maximum of 1 session per day
- Non-attendance of sessions booked by Membership and 10-Visit Pass holders will be monitored and may result in loss of venue access
Youth Programs / Group Bookings / Courses
Youth Climbing Club, Group Bookings and Courses will not be resuming in Stage 1 of reopening. Whilst we are working towards resuming these offerings as soon as possible, this will depend on the easing of restrictions.
As we learn to operate within the new norm, we kindly ask you to cooperate with the new guidelines and follow the direction of staff.
Please ensure that you adhere to the following:
- Maintain 1.5m social distancing where reasonably possible
- Leave the building by the end of your session so that we can clean and prepare the venue ready for the next session
- Remain in the same pair during your climbing session (recommended)
- Download the CovidSafe app (recommended)
We look forward to seeing you back in-centre and we thank you in advance for your cooperation!